What is the best plan of action for blood clot in my arm?

Diagnosed with a blood clot in my arm 12/24/2013. Started at elbow and when diagnosed by ultrasound the clot had had moved and was resting between elbow and armpit. Treatment plan was Xarelto 15mg bid. Today it feels as though the clot has moved to armpit. Placed call to MD and left a message and waiting for return call but concerned I should be doing more. What would be the best plan of action or expected plan of action at this time?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Reassurance. Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for sending the question. This is a very good question and I can understand that you may be dealing with some anxiety about what's going on. The medication you're taking is one of the newest and best medications for anticoagulation. Your doctor would not change in management and unless you're having respiratory symptoms including shortness of breath or chest pain then you likely can stay home and relax. I would recommend that you continue to be careful with your arm. elevate and use some warm compresses on the local area where you have some pain. Continue taking the medication as prescribed and I am confident that you will be very very healthy. Please wait for your doctor to get back to you to confirm these considerations. As always we recommend that you follow your doctor's recommendations. Sincerely, Dr. G