What is the best method to quit smoking?

60 year old female with history of IBS had one episode of brb on toilet paper only, 3 small streaks. Was constipated for a few days. Recent colonoscopy (summer 2013) showed 5 small polyps not larger than 3 mm that were removed and were adenomatous plus 2nd degree internal hemorrhoids. In light of my recent colonoscopy should I still contact my GI doc?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer: no need to contact GI doc now Detailed Answer: Hi, I read carefully your medical history and your concerns and I would like to say that the main culprit is internal hemorrhoids aggravated from constipation. So I would suggest to avoid constipation using - plenty of water (2-3 L per day) - foods reach in fibers like fruits and vegetables - increase your physical activity - packet of fibers - avoid stress as it possible -if it is not enough you can use lactulose With regards to consultation with GI specialist I would like to say that there is no need for the moment. If the situation get worsen you can consult GI specialist or proctologist. I am glad to know that your polyps were adenomatous ,you will continue your follow up colonoscopy for them. Wishing you health If you have other concerns , feel free and ask me. Dr.Klerida