What is the best liquid supplement for Parkinson's disease?

what is the best liquid supplement for a person with Parkinsons
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no need for supplements unless prescribed Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this battle with parkinson's disease. There is no recommended supplement specific for patients with parkinson's disease. If you simply want supplements like persons in the general population often use, I would suggest that this is not very necessary. Recent studies have shown that unless there is a documented deficit or reasons to suggest a possible deficiency because of lack of appropriate intake, there is no benefit in taking supplements. For these reasons, I will not want to suggest any because of lack of evidence to show that it actually helps. However, if you should insist and want something as a liquid supplement, let me know and I would recommend one. I hope you are currently being managed for your parkinson's disease. If there are any related questions to this, please feel free to ask for my honest opinion and I will gladly address it. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to for more information or clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.