What is the best diet routine to reduce weight?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
1.Recently a week back I have joined to XXXXXXX .. I am doing Cycling, Running and bod flexible exercise. I wanted to loose my Fat.... Please suggest me as a beginner what all food items i can have? and how much per day? 2. I am staying in Room so daily I am having my Lunch out side. So what all items I can have in hotel?
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 1 hour later
Brief Answer: morderate calrie high protein diet would help Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for posting the query. Increasing the physical activities, helps you burn more calories and hence supports and accelerates the weight loss rate bu increasing the metabolism.. At the same time reducing the total calorie intake ensures that the fat reserves are used for energy production. Some changes that you may introduce for healthy weight loss are: 1. Reduce the total calorie intake. Avoid too sweet and starchy foods like sago, sugar, sweets, refined and polished rice, tapioca, potato and colocasia etc. 2. Add plenty of fibrous food to make up the volume, include raw salads, lettuce, sprouts, whole grains etc. in the diet plan. 3. It is equally important to mind the fats. Saturated forms like pure ghee, cream, butter etc. are fattening. It is therefore advisable to prefer the vegetable oils in limited quantities. Choose from peanut oil, corn oil, rice XXXXXXX oil etc. 4. It is a good idea to add more vegetables to the diet. ensure that there at least one vegetable preparation in the meal, and when hungry add more salads and vegetables than adding the cereals. Or pulses. 5. The heavy pulses and legumes should be preferably taken for lunch. Eg. Take rajmah, Lobhia, black channa etc. for lunch, to ensure proper and complete digestion. 6. There should be at least one portion of fruit every day in the diet. All fruits are allowed except mango, sapota, grapes, banana, custard XXXXXXX and ripe jackfruit. 7. Consume plenty of salads and fluids. Include tender coconut water, salted lemon juice, green tea (sugarless) and wheat grass juice for improved metabolism. 8. Consume low fat dairy products, and avoid butter etc. It is also advised that you follow the meal timings as much as possible and follow a 6-7 meal pattern. The meals should be small and frequent, with plenty of fluids. While taking food from the hotel / cafeteria, make sure that you take the meals and not the quick snacks like pav bhaji, chaat, noodles etc. Always order half or three forth of the actual portion, order green/low calorie starters and take them before the actual meal. Also, keep the above mentioned diet guidelines in mind while ordering food. Hope this would help. Meenakhsi