What is the best cure for ulcer in foot due to diabetes?

ulcer in right foot due to diabetes since 6 months .Have tried many medicines suggested by doctors but still no betterment.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 29 hours later
Brief Answer: Chronic non healing ulcer Detailed Answer: Dear madam I am Dr. Pratap. V. G. M, consultant diabetologist specially trained in cardiovascular diabetes.. After reviewing your query, it appears that you are having chronic non healing ulcer.. Before discussing you treatment aspects let me tell you briefly what are the causes?? 1. Uncontrolled diabetes.. 2. Diabetic neuropathy 3. Diabeticvasculopathy (microangiopathy) - Decreased blood flow to the limbs caused due to narrowing of arteries 4. Ulcer at pressure bearing areas like sole, base of the thumb.. Definately you might be suffering from any one of this.. Let me tell you briefly what are all the steps that is needed to be taken 1. Control diabetes at targets - HbA1c should be less than 7 2. If ulcer shows signs of infection such as discharge etc. Choose broad spectrum antibiotics for prescribed duration with appropriate dosage 3. Tests such as ankle brachial index and arterial doppler studies of lower limbs will let us know about blood flow, which is very important for healing of ulcer. 4. If the ulcer is in the pressure bearing areas then usage of proper footware with mechanical offloading of ulcer will promote the healing, for that you need to consult a podiatrist 5. If there is associated swelling around the ulcerated region then usage of trypsin and chymotrypsin as these tablets will decrease the swelling. So consult your treating doctor and explore these causes!! Surely you will find the answers Hope I answered your questions.. Thank you