What is the best cure for a bleeding internal hemorrhoid?

What is the best cure for a bleeding XXXXXXX hemorrhoid?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The treatment of bleeding XXXXXXX hemorrhoids would depend on the severity of the bleeding and the condition of the patient. In your case, I would expect the bleeding to stop on its own9unless there is something else in your medical history that I am missing).
If this is recurrent and is becoming a source of trouble, you could consider speaking with your surgeon about options like banding ( where they simply put a rubber band around the bleeding vessels) or sclerotherapy ( where they inject a little chemical to make the blood clot).
In addition, presently, the following measures should help:
a. Have an extremely high fibre diet. we should be looking at 2 whole fruits and 3-4 servings of vegetables daily. Also, using whole grain substitutes in everyday life can help.
b. Have plenty of water- We'd be looking at 3-4 litres in a day
c. Exercise. It helps ease bowel movements
d. A sitz bath ( where you sit in a bath tub with about 2-3 inches of warm water) should also help relax the muscles and relieve your symptoms.
I hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Follow-up: What is the best cure for a bleeding internal hemorrhoid? 11 hours later
My only other concern is that the antibiotics I was on have caused me to have diarrhea and right now the only thing I seem to be able to eat that doesn't cause loose stools is toast, rice, bananas, and applesauce but yet I know I need to replace the good bacteria in my stomach. I tried activia but that just made me have diarrhea again. I just want the diarrhea to stop and get my digestive system back on course. Are the colon health supplements with probiotics worth a try?
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
I think that probiotics like Lactobacillus are worth a try. Antibiotics are known to disturb the gut bacteria and cause diarrhoea. You can take 1.25 billion live Lactobacillus GG bacteria ( available as capsules) in 2 divided doses for 2 weeks. Or just plain natural yoghurt will also do. It has all the bacteria you need to get that balance back.
Hope that helps. I'd be happy to answer any more questions. If you dont have any more concerns, please close this discussion