What is the best among patch, injection and pill for testosterone replacement?

I was told that I need testosterone replacement and I am 70 years old with a new grandchild. I am afraid of using a cream that I rub on my shoulder. What would be the best to use, the patch, an injection every 2 weeks or a pill?
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: I will go with the injection every 2weeks! Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for this query. I understand your concerns so as not to mistakenly contaminate your grand child. That's being smart and caring! If everything is okay, will suggest the every 2weeks injection as this would help avoid taking pills daily, simplify the treatment schedule and improve compliance. All the other methods are equally effective but am afraid you may get to forget taking them just every days as required if you go with the pills. If you are afraid of needles you may want pills or patch. So please, factor in your individual preferences and choose any of the forms. They are all equally effective. I hope this helps. Thanks for using our services and please feel free to request for clarification if need be. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD