What is the banging in the ears or head caused by?

hi my mother who is 83 as being suffering starting with profuse sweating then banging ears/head no sure where noises are coming from ? + indigestion with noises from tummy , this happens quite frequently especailly in the morning just after breakfast , she is physcially very fit for her age she did bang her head about 5 weeks ago . at present she takes lansoprazole , duloxetine for anxiety & codeine phosphate 30mg for hip pain also she always apperas to be stuffed up at this point & her voice becomes quite horse
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later

The banging in ears and head that your mother feels is a type of tinnitus. It can be triggered by exposure to a loud noise, stress or due to a disease of inner ear or if there is some hearing loss. The profuse sweating associated with it is more suggestive of stress associated with it. A history of banging her head is not necessary the cause of her problem.

An ENT specialist after examination can rule out the XXXXXXX ear damage or hearing loss. If these are ruled out and actually stress is the major factor then she must practice relaxation exercises like yoga, XXXXXXX breathing, etc.

For indigestion with noises from tummy she can take the help of freely available anti- flatulants and some digestive enzymes. At her age, such minor digestive disturbances are quite common.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.