What is the average pulse rate and triglyceride level for a normal person?

my pulse rate 73 in sitting and 105 in it any problem with this?
my triglcerides 210
HDL 46

LDL 135
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 45 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your concern,

Let me tell you our pulse rate changes with posture and it is normal to have increase in pulse rate in standing position, which occurs due to effect of gravity.
Heart rate is slow in supine position as gravity is eliminated. If there are no symptoms then you should not worry at all.

Your Cholesterol report is 250 mg/dl, and Triglyceride 210 mg/dl are slightly high, LDL, HDL are normal.
You should start taking care of diet. Avoid fast food, reducing saturated fats like butter and animal fats. Take fresh fruits and green vegetable and exercise regularly minimum 45 minutes brisk walking daily.You can repeat Lipid profile in 3 months. If still abnormal, drugs like statin (Atorvaststatin) may be taken after consulting Physician.

Hope this information is useful to you. If you have any more doubt, I am available for clarification.

Dr. A. Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: What is the average pulse rate and triglyceride level for a normal person? 10 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 40 minutes later

You are welcome.

Please follow my instructions and repeat Lipid profile after 3 months.
If you are happy with my answer, then please rate may answer and close this discussion.

Dr A. Dubey M.D.