What is the average amount of urine flow for a sixty-year-old man after drinking two gallons of water in a day?

what amount of urine flow is average for a 60 year old man after drinking 2 gallons of water in 24 hrs
when I did this test I only had 7oz of urine in the 24 hrs.
scene that time I have gained 43 pounds in 3 weeks water weight, my Dr does not want to but me on a diuretic but on sat of last week a friend gave me CVS XXXXXXX tea/Lima bean pill , I have lost 8 pounds as XXXXXXX and no urination I should also let you know I have only one kidney . Nothing I own will fit me thank god I,m a nudest at home,
My skin wants to crak on my legs and it is very hard for me to walk,
Please help wit a over counter or natural product, PLEASE PLEASE I would like to way 195-198pounds again
The DR wants me to do anoth one of the drink 230 oz of water in 23hr's test I have been saying NO what should I eat or drink to lose this water from my body
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The average urine flow rate for men your age is 9ml/second. The amount of urine you passed is definitely not normal. For dealing with water retention, you should be doing the following things:
a. Cutting down on salt, processed food and all junk
b. Cutting down on alcohol
c. Taking plenty of water and XXXXXXX tea
Only a diuretic can make you lose the kind of weight you are looking at.
But I would first like to know what is causing this severe water retention. I would like to know if any tests have been done for you. If yes, can you upload the reports using the 'Upload your reports' section on the right.
Otherwise, an echocardiogram, a liver and kidney function test including a serum albumin level is definitely in order.
It is only after we know the cause that a diuretic can be safely prescribed.
Hope this helps
Follow-up: What is the average amount of urine flow for a sixty-year-old man after drinking two gallons of water in a day? 8 hours later
I do all the things you suggest but to drink lots of water I just sweat and get more bloter , Ny feet look like little piggies as
I have taken the flow test of drinking water every hour and saving my urin , that is when this started and I have not been able to expeel the full amount I have had todrink. only drink about 10 oz of wter a day and eat very little as I get very bad cramps in my lower abdomen what can U eat and drink to stay alive with small amounts that I do not live in fear of food and drink as I;m becoming
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 34 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
I think your focus here should be on eating a balanced and healthy diet. So I would be looking at the following things for you:
a. Whole grains. Stay away from refined food
b. Chicken, boiled egg while and fish: We'd want this to be steamed/grilled or baked
c. Lots of fruits and vegetables
d. Yoghurt or low fat milk-1 cup a day

Apart from this, I would want the cause of the swollen legs to be identified. It is absolutely essential as this condition can get worse and make it difficult to breathe for you.
Please see a physician and get a complete evaluation done as outlined above.
Follow-up: What is the average amount of urine flow for a sixty-year-old man after drinking two gallons of water in a day? 12 hours later
thank you for the info
I have an allergy to fish and if I eat red meat my lower left side of my back is so soar I can not walk
Today I had a urine amount of 2,3 oz and have not had any thing to drink as I feel so much better with out eating or drinking .
I have been monitoring my urine by the tsp as I said I can not blow up any more my legs and feet are killing me
I have a full follow up for the 20th of july.
Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 6 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
In that case, I would suggest that you restrict yourself to chicken. Please let me know the results of the follow up. Please get the tests that I had mentioned earlier done.
Wish you the very best