What is the appropriate dosage of nicardia for hypertension?

Rheumatologist
Question
if i take nicardia retard 10mg-5 times a day instead of nicardia retard 20mg-3 times a day and it controls hypertension very evenly and better, then should i continue with that distribution?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that if you think the BP is better controlled by nicardia retard 10 mg 5 times a day then you can take it , there is no problem in that as ultimately the dose delivered is same. Generally higher dose has to be taken less times and thus the compliance is increased as the patient is less likely to miss a dose . So, it is generally prescribed but if you are regular in taking the medicine 5 times a day you can take this . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What is the appropriate dosage of nicardia for hypertension? 21 hours later
Thank you doctor for answering to me. I am sorry for responding late. My previous question was just a query. Please forgive for that. But actually what i need to know is that what i am taking is correct or not. My combination is exactly as follows:- 6 a.m- Nicardia retard 20mg x 1 11 a.m- Nicardia retard 10mg x 1 4 p.m- Nicardia retard 20mg x 1 11 p.m- Nicardia retrd 20mg x 1 instead of the following:- 6 am-Nicardia retrd 20mg x 1 2pm-Nicardia retrd 30mg x 1 10 pm-Nicardia retrd 20mg x 1 And with this my BP is going fine. Will be there any problem if i continue with the earlier combination? Why i am again asking for this is that my combination is of different powers of the same medicine-will it matter anyway? Waiting for the valuable answer. Thanking you for your patience in advance.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, You can go with the combination you prefer because if the brand you are using for different strength is same then it will not make a difference but use the same brand for all strengths because different brands have different bioavailability . Take care. Dr. Shruti