What is the appropriate dosage of Restyl 0.25 mg?

i have a headache since 2 month also i have sleeping issue. doc gave me medicine along with restyl 0.25 mg. now i just want to know how much restyl 0.25 mg dose can cause of death. i am healthy man n this is my just query.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details follows Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Welcome to healthcare magic. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail. I understand your concern. Restyl is alprazolam which is a benzodoazapine , it is given to alleviate anxiety and for sedation. 0.25 mg of the drug once a day is very safe. Can be taken. However coming to your specific query. As such you can't say that how much dose would cause death because death due to excessive consumption of the drug is mainly due to either respiratory depression or aspiration. This can't be estimated as depends on various other factors like age , body weight , liver functioning. For your knowledge purpose , i would say that it should be taken in minimum possible dose not exceeding 4 mg per day in daily divided doses. However 4mg might be very high for some individuals. But in general 0.25 mg of alprazolam is relatively safe. It won't cause death. I hope I am able to answer your query. If you have any further query you may please ask me.
Follow-up: What is the appropriate dosage of Restyl 0.25 mg? 13 minutes later
thank you for answering my queries. means if i take dose of 4mg or more can cause of death. for your information i am 78Kg weight 6ft tall. age 30 years. currently doc asked to take 1 tab per day and that to be if required. as i saw people taking these tabs for sucide so i am more querious and worried about the dose of this tabs. waiting for your answers.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details follows Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX I told you. It can't be determined that how much dose would be lethal. And discussing exactly how much dose would be lethal is abiding the medical ethics as people can misuse this information as you already know that people use this for suicidal purposes. Hope you understand. What information I can reveal to you is that Alprazolam 0.25 mg once a day before going to sleep is relatively a safe dose. If you don't have a further query you may close the discussion and rate it.