What is the alternative medicine for vicodin post gall bladder surgery?

i smoke weed everynight to sleep but i had gallbldder surdery yesterday and they gave me vicodine for pain even tho I told him of this issue. my 2 questions r 1. can u wright me a script for something stonger like perks or maybe something different? 2. i dont want to need weed to slep can u help me there as well please? i meant to say im allergic to vicodin OMG THE MEDICAL HISTORY SAYS I HAVE AN ALCOHOL ADDICTION,,,,AS A MATTER OF A FACT I HATE ALCOHOL
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Diclofenac and tramadol are other options Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. In caee if you are allergic to the given drug then in first place your doctor should never have prescribed you this drug. Diclofenac and tramadol are good options for pain killers which act by different mechanisms . They are both available in oral as well as injectable forms. Regarding the prescription, health care magic being an online forum I wont be able to prescribe you online with physically examining you. Further while you are undercare of a doctor you should always keep informed your primary treating doctor. May be you can discuss these two drugs with your doctor. Furthet regarding your cannabis fo sleep, you need it cauee every night you hqve withdrawal of cannabis and that causes sleep problems. You will certainly need some hypnotic for few days until the withdrawa of cannabis settles down. Chlordiazepoxide or clonazepam could be good options. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.