What is the alternative medication for Zolpidem?

I have been taking 10mg of Zolpidem for 20 years....I have been informed it no longer avail. to me...Is this so? Can you recommend an alternate sleep aide with equel efficiency?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Manisha Gopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May try stilnoct/ goodnoct XR or clonazepam Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX ! I have read your question and you want a substitute for zolpidem as you have been using it from past 20 yrs. There are several similar medicine with almost similar salt in a different formulation, when I have such a case I rely on - stilnoct 12.5 mg, or may be goodnoct XR 12.5 mg...or may be clonazepam 1-2 mg ( this is a different salt but equally effective) --your doctor would know about them, they are easily avialable in several nations. however, the drug zolpidem is presently available in many nations even now, but may not be there in your country. The dug laws may differ at different places, so availability may vary. Hope the reply is useful please feel free to ask more questions for clarifictaion Dr. Manisha Gopal MD Psychiatry