What is the advised dose for Nordette as emergency contraceptive or morning after pill?

Can i use nordette estradiol as emergency contraceptive or morning after pill? If yes, what is the dose and what are the side effects?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: possible Detailed Answer: Hello, Nordette is a combined oral contraceptive pill. Its usually used as a regular daily contraception. However, if you have a almost full pack it can be used as an emergency contraception. 4 pills (orange) within 72 days of unprotected sex, followed by 4 pills (orange) after 12 hours. You should have withdrawal bleeding after a week or so. If you miss a period, anyways, take a test immediately. There may be some nausea,after taking the pills.
Follow-up: What is the advised dose for Nordette as emergency contraceptive or morning after pill? 15 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Thank you very much for your detailed reply. This will make my girlfriend feel much relieved. The next question is to ease my worries and i hope you still answer. This happens to us at least once a year and we've been together for 4 years now. I'm really that there might be lasting ill side effects to her health because of this. Will there be? I really hope not but a doctor's opinion is always the best for this. I just want to add that both of us are already 28 years old and have stable jobs. We also plan to get married this year. But what happened earlier was my bad. Hope to hear your answer. Thank you and please.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use a regular contraception Detailed Answer: Well, using emergency contraception several times is not a good sign. There may be difficulty to conceive later. Also chances of ectopic pregnancy increase. I would recommend that she use a stable and regular form of contraception. Oc pills, intrauterine devices like copper T or Mirena are available. Since you both have a goal, im sure it would be more convinient for both of you not be stressed like this on occasion. Ask your partner, to see a doctor and get a prescription for regular contraception.