What is safe dosage for insulin intake?
User rating for this question
I need help with a professional opinion. on how much insulin on avg. I should be taking. I buy insulin R and N at walmart. without a presc ription . I am 225 lbs. 5' 11" I am now taking 20 units of the n and like .5 units of the R if I am around 120BS. 150 to 200BS I take 1.5 to 2 units depending on w hat I am about to eat. 200 to 300BS I take 2 to 4 units R. then if I am over 300 I will take 5 units R. I also seem to have to adjust the R to how. much activity I am.abouy to do. obviously the more active I am the less I seem yo need to bring my self down..I am taking insulin. twice a day. once with breakfast and at night. I am just wondering what is the right number of N units u should take a day with my size and weight I do not want yo gain weight and have to eat more. so I try and need less insulin by what I eat. .
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and want to remind you not to take any medicine without doctor's prescription, especially when it comes to insulin use. Before responding to your queries, I'd like to know the results of some of your blood tests: - fasting blood sugar - A1C level - oral glucose tolerance test - lipid profile Next, please bare in mind that the use of insulin is associated with weight gain. Therefore, insulin partially leads to increasing weight you are facing. The dose of insulin depends on your current blood sugar levels, and other medical conditions you might be suffering together with an evaluation of your health state. Looking forward to have the requested test results to assist you further! Dr.Sonila
People also viewed
- Swollen eyes and red streak on face
- Lantus insulin dosage range
- What are the side effects of insulin isophane and insulin regular?
- Dark spot on toe knuckle
- Heart racing vicodin withdrawal numbness
- What is safe dosage for insulin intake
- Rbs and insulin dosage
- How to get meth out of your system fast
- Left side of face and eye
- Head sore to touch after dying
- Sore eye flickering and lump under eyelid
- Kid pink under eyes pale face
- Migraine face numbness water eyes
- Insulin graphs for administration dosage
- Recessive expressive language disorder treatment