What is sacralization of L5? Does it cause hyperlordosis?

Spine Surgeon
Hi, do i have sacralization of L5? that causes my hyperlordosis?
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 6 days later
Brief Answer:
l5 sacralised

Detailed Answer:
You do have L5 sacralised. Lordosis is normal. What is the problem? Sacralisation is a normal variant and nothing to worry about it. Thanks
Follow-up: What is sacralization of L5? Does it cause hyperlordosis? 13 hours later
i have low back pain, can't sit properly (pelvis tilted forward), and hyperlordosis causing swayback posture. My hip flexors and quads are not tight. So maybe it could be sacralization of l5 that was the cause?
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
understand your concern

Detailed Answer:
Forward pelvic tilt with hyperlordosis may be present however its not due to sacralisation of L5. These findings are present together but sacralisation does not cause forward pelvic tilt. This is developmental variant. Anyway we can not change the anatomy. If we think of reducing the lordosis then we have to do it surgically involving long lumbosacral fusion and its not justified at this age.
For low back pain, I think regular back muscle stretching and exercise should help. Thanks.