What is physiogic prominence of the CFS canal?

What is physiogic prominence of the CFS canal? I am 65 just had MRI's of cervical, brain, lunbar and thorasic spine. It came back with Prominence of CFS and I also have MS
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 hours later

Brain and spinal cord contains nourishing Cerebro Spinal Fluid (CSF) that circulates in a specifically designed ventricular system. They are visualised as 'hypotense area' on MRI scans. This communicating ventricular system is termed CSF canal.

CSF canal can appear prominent when the size of the canal is larger and the pressure within it is higher than that of normal. Such changes are noticed if there is obstruction to the flow of CSF fluid or following degenerative changes of the brain. Physiological changes are related to the latter (age related events)

Probably the age related changes is the cause of prominent CSF canal in you. I do feel that it is of much clinical significance and a cause for concern. However MS needs to be addressed.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow ups