Ask a Urologist   »  

What is normal size of penis in erect position?

I am 31 years old, i will be getting married soon. My problem is that my pennis is just about 4 inch length at the erected stage. please advise me.
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 1 hour later

First of all, Congratulations and wish you very a happy married and happy sexual life in advance.

The length of penis is not the factor that determines to what extent you will be able to satisfy your partner. It is the "hardness" of penis that will do the job. It is how and how much time you and your partner indulge in foreplay, how well both of you connect emotionally etc.

Often, in electronic media, or from porn movies a false impression is created in mind that a longer penis will give more satisfaction to the partner. This is not so.

Hence, go ahead in full vigor for marriage and sexual relation without worrying about the length of penis.

Good luck
Follow-up: What is normal size of penis in erect position? 18 hours later
Thanks for the reply. Its a great relief for me. Also I wanted to ask what a girl expect more from a man. Is it the love, affection & care or Is it the physical attraction of a man.
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 6 hours later
Thanks for the expression of understanding the point and thereby getting relieved

It is love, affection, caring, honesty, expression, communication, romantic talks, transparency in the relationship etc matters for a happy marital relationship more than physical attraction. Though physical attraction also, does matter

Wish you a happy married life and good luck.
Follow-up: What is normal size of penis in erect position? 14 hours later
Thanks for the reply. Can you advise some food items, excersise and lifestyle I can adapt to increase my sexual health. Also I dont have any habits like drinkinking and smoking. Also please advise some medicines for keeping my mouth always fresh and odourless. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 45 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
A good sexual health is related to a healthy life style, good physical health ( I am not saying that you have to be body builder, this is not at all needed) and good mental health.

Following in general would be helpful along with the points that we have already discussed:

a. Regularity in sleep, bath, eating

b. Regular light aerobic exercise

c. Enjoying your work and not going for a very erratic work schedule

d. Relatively stress free life or finding ways to handle stress, not taking stress as stress

e. Following dental hygiene principles: change your brush every 3 months, twice daily brushing, using listerine mouth wash twice a day, taking vitamin c tablet, drinking plenty of water, using some mouth freshener like "chloro mint", "labang" etc should be helpful. If still not, a dental consultation is needed

Good luck.