What is neurophsychofarmacology?

Need some info about neurophsycofarmacology...What is neurophsychofarmacology? i mean, how do i reach it, for eg. to become a psyciatrist i have to spend ten years in medicine. how many years and which stages do i have to pass for n.p.f. ?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 40 minutes later
Hi there.
I would be happy to answer more precisely if I know your age… educational level and medical background if any as the answer involves many medical terms…
Also it would be more comfortable to know from you about how this term struck to your minds.
The science you named deals with chemicals in brain function and is least studied… though there is extensive research going on…
Follow-up: What is neurophsychofarmacology? 19 minutes later
i am 16 years old, highscool student. i disvovered it while researching my drugs' chemical effects (such as lustral, ritalin, antihystamins). i am turkish and the doctors i have spoken couldnt answer my questions about n.p.f... i just want to know how many years do i have to study and in which department of medicine.
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 3 hours later
To learn this science … only basic medical graduation is enough…
But to be a specialist you need to complete basic medical graduation of around 5 years… then a 2..3 year specialist course in neurology or pdychiatry or pharmacology… from any of these streams you xan opt for n p f.
I hope this answers your question… write back if any further details needed.