What is meant by stabs in complete blood count?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
what is mean by" stabs" in complete blood count ? Does it have full form? When we call "stabs" as significant?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 9 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

I am not familiar with this term. It is possible that this term refers to immature white blood cells. These are also referred to as bands. If this is the case the level of these cells is generally relatively low in a complete blood count. If you could provide me with the exact result is reported to you I can perhaps explain this further so that you can understand it more easily.

If you could send a copy of the report to my attention I would be happy to review it and discuss it with you.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga