What is meant by endometrial currattage and benign estrogenised endometrium. Is this early stage of cancer?

May 2013
hi y few weeks ago ,,the first biopsy of the polyp read "wndometrial hyperplasia with focus of well differentiated adenocarcinoma" . My second biopsy report is as follows: benign endometrium showing various degrees of estrogenisation from well to good . focal tubal metaplasia is noted .no evidence of progestsational activity . impression> endometrial currattage >benign estrogenised endometrium ,,,,what does this mean??please earlier biopsy said early stages of cancer ,,is this same? or its not cancer??
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

In menstrual cycle the endometrium will undergo cyclical changes depending on the hormonal levels.
The first phase of the cycle is proliferative phase which is estrogen dependent.
Second phase is secretory phase which is progesterone dependent.
In case of progesterone deficiency there will be estrogen dominance leading to excessive proliferation of endometrium causing endometrial hyperplasia.
This is what said in your second biopsy report.
During endometrial curettage tissue will be sent from different parts of the uterus for histopathological examination.
So may be tissue from different part of the uterus which contained polyp might have been sent for first biopsy.
In that the changes of well differentiated adenocarcinoma might have noted.
If so better to undergo MRI to note the extent of the malignancy.
Depending on the report, if malignant changes are noted and confined to the uterus better to undergo hysterectomy.
You discuss all these with your doctor and decide further action according to her advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.