What is meant by TSH levels of 150?

I have a report of my wife stating TSH levels showing >150, Can you please tell me, what does it mean?
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
Your wife is having hypothyroidism that is her thyroid gland is not working optimally.
Her high TSH levels indicate a very dismal function of thyroid gland and she may slip into thyroid coma if left untreated.
She would need replacement of the thyroid hormone in consultation with a physician/endocrinologist. She should also undergo work up regarding the cause due to which she developed the hypothyroidism.
Please start the treatment at the earliest possible to avoid life threatening complications.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.