What is gastrointestinal problems and amebiasis ?

GI problems or amebiasis ?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 23 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your questions,
I my humble opinion, you present no classical symptoms for the diseases you are worried of. Gall bladder disease is generally in fat , fertile woman around the ages of forty years. generally characterized most of the time with fever and jaundice, severe right abdominal pain and bilious vomiting which is not the case with you.
Ameobiases could present with leucocytes in stool, but generally is usually accompanied by blood stained stool, generally no fever and a conserved general health condition. Gastroparesis is weakness of the stomach with a totally different clinical presentation.
I suggest a complete blood count, direct stool examination and culture, anti biotic sensitivity tests and an abdominal ultrasound shall be necessary in getting an appropriate diagnosis. Other tests could be performed based on these baseline paraclinical tests.
I suggest you XXXXXXX your internist for a proper clinical evaluation and opinion.
Thanks and best regards,
Do not hesitate asking any further questions if need be, will be glad to contribute my bit.
Luchuo, MD.