What is g a in short for inspite of my skin infection?

I seen a dermatologist today regarding spots that have been showing up on both legs and inside one upper arm and one elbow. They have done a biopsy now but they believe it is some they called g a for short. Do you know what that stands for, but I can not find out anything about it. Thank you in advance.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Granuloma annulare , long term treatment required Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I am able to help you in the same . You seem to have developed granuloma annulare. Now this is basically a necrobiotic disorder. In other words, it is an autoimmune skin condition in which there is development of round raised skin lesions especially over the extremities. It is not a very worrisome condition although it requires long term treatment in most cases, so it is always better to confirm the diagnosis by a skin biopsy which has been done in your case. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul