What is eosinophilic folliculitis ?

I recently had a biops performed for a skin irritation I have had fo over a year.I've taken several anti biotics with no resolve. It is piuritic and on my chest, back and shoulders. Biopsy showed coooobacilli in the lumen of the inflamed follicular unit. Also an accumulation of neutrophils and eosiniphils within its lumen. Does that mean that this is eosonophilic folliculitis? (HIV symptom) I called the lab and they said no because in eosonophilic folliculitis there would have been far more. What is your opinion?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 14 hours later

Thanks for your query,

It is very interesting to go through your problem. I also feel that it is not eosinophilic folliculitis as this may show many eosinophils alsmost forming an abscess in the epidermis.

Hence I need more tools to identity your problem. You must undergo another HIV test now. I also would like to have the glimpses of clinical photos and histo-pathology photos if possible.

Send your reports and images to this email id " YYYY@YYYY " with subject line as "Dr. P V S Prasad"