What is cure for repeated UTI and burning sensation in abdomen during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
XXXXXXX XXXX LMP-24/04/13 EDD-31/01/14 1ST ISSUE AGE-24 + DATE DISEASE SYMPTOM MEDICINE 18/06/13 BAD COUGH FREQENT COUGH AMPILOX 500 NOVACLOX 500 ZOCEF 500 ONLY 2 CAP 16/07/13 10TH WEEK UTI HIGH FEVER BURNING SENSATION IN ABDOMEN TAXIM AZ 200 5 TAB BD … CLAVAM 1225 5 AMPULE …CLAVAM 625 BD 5 DAYS 31/07/13 PUS COUNT-6-8 03/08/13 CULTURE TEST –SHOWS NO PATHOGENIC GROWTH 26/08/13 PUS COUNT – 3-4 04/09/13 PUS COUNT-4-5 LIGHT BURNING SENSATION ON LOWER ABDOMEN ZOCEF 500 (CEFUROXIME AXETIL)- BD 5DAYS 01/10/13 PUS COUNT-3-4 21/10/13 PUS COUNT-plenty FEVER, HEAVY PAIN ON urethra ZOCEF 500 CEFUROXIME AXETIL- BD 14 TAB ( RESISTANT in CULTURE) AZIBAC (AZITHROMYCIN) INTERMIDIATE SENSITIVE ONE TAB 6 DAYS ON28/10/13 urispas uriliser 27/10/13 PUS COUNT-2-3 9/11/2013 PUS COUNT -5-7 LIGHT PAIN ON urethra MARTIFUR MR 200(Nitrofurantoin) BD 7 DAYS 12/11/13 Urine culture no pathogenic growth 13/12/13 cough Novaclox(tds/5days) 19/12/13 Urine culture shows pathogenic growth but pus count 1-2 No pain or any symptom 34 TH WEEK PREGNANCY COMPLETE .IS IT UTI AGAIN ? IS MARTIFUR MR 200(Nitrofurantoin) MAY APPLIED AGAIN ?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: dont take anything yet Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX You have taken too much of antibiotics in the early pregnancy, in my opinion. We try to avoid antibiotics till 12-14 weeks. You have taken a lot of antibiotics for repeated UTIs. Ideally you should have been given the most sensitive one . Like nitrofuratoin. There is nothing to be done now. Certain amount of pus cells are normally seen in any sample. Your most recent culture shows 1-2 pus cells but there is no mention of pathogen. I would advise you not to take any antibiotics now. Drink plenty of water. You can take Urilyser with water as before. Cranberry juice will help. Avoid antibiotics unless your symptoms are severe.
People also viewed
- Left wrist hurts on methamphetamine
- How to remaintain terythrocyte sedimentation rate
- Helicobacter pylori infection sphenoid
- How to reduce sedimentation rate
- Sneezing in relation to helicobacter pylori infection
- Cures for indigestion during pregnancy
- What is the cure for constant back pain during pregnancy
- Cures for uti
- Knot inside nipple hurts and inverted nipple
- What is it when it hurts to pee and inside my vagina
- Uti took pregnancy test negative what is problem and cure
- Pathophysiology of hepatomegaly typhoid
- Herpangina mouthwash
- Can u use mouthwash on herpangina
- What is the cure for dry cough during pregnancy