What is causing night sweats, bruise on leg, pain in arms and stomach ache after eating?

I have been feeling very fatigued lately with severe bone pain in my arms and legs. I have been chilling at times while feeling flushed/feverish at other times. I have night sweats and wake up in pain many times throughout the night. I have a bruise on each leg that have never fully healed and happened in April '12. I recently had a health screening done for my ins. incentives and everything was normal except my total cholesterol was 98 which they flagged as being low. I have also had a poor appetite due to a feeling of fullness in my upper stomach which worsens and causes pain after I eat. For the last 6 months I have been having problems swallowing solid foods (only sometimes, not all the time). They seem to get "stuck" . I have beeing feeling much worse over the last week and am experiencing worse pain and more frequently. Is there something specific that comes to your mind? or that you would check for first?
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, Welcome XXXXXXX

Pain in stomach region after eating points towards a peptic ulcer, means ulcers in stomach. Problem while swallowing may be due a esophageal problem like achlasia cardia or any luminal growth. It can be evaluated by Barium swallow study, which is cheap and easy. They are recurrent and mimic emergency.

Pain and feverish feeling may be part of migraine attacks named XXXXXXX

I will suggest you, please contact a board certified surgeon ASAP for complete evaluation.
Hope your query has been answered. Follow up questions are welcome.

Follow-up: What is causing night sweats, bruise on leg, pain in arms and stomach ache after eating? 21 hours later
You addressed only part of the issue and dismissed the other as being "migraine" related. I find that a bit humorous given the fact that I have had migraines since age 8 and I am very very familiar with the sypmtoms. Pain in the BONE and fevers/chlils have absolutely NOTHING to do with migraines. Pain on one side of my head, vomiting, numbness and vision abnomalites are symptoms of my migraines. If I hadn't included migraines in my history they wouldn't have even been thought of. You also didn't discuss my issue of bruising and not healing which I believe goes along with the bone pain in some way. Also, you didn't regard the night sweats at all . Only the part about a possible ulcer even made sense. I believe you only answered the easy part since I have already guessed hernia or ulcer myself and am not a doctor. I am aware that you are unable to diagnose me without an examination and tests. I was hoping that you would address the entire situation, not pick the easy symptom and write the rest off. I am mainly concerned about the severe bone pain, sweats and bruising. I have a feeling the other symptoms tie in with those symptoms since they all began at approximately the same time.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 10 hours later
Welcome back XXXXXXX

Sorry for your inconvenience. I have gone through problems and symptoms you had mentioned.

Severe bone pain suggests a generalized bone marrow disorders like multiple myeloma or bone marrow leukemia. However, at age 38, it has fewer chances. To avoid unnecessary anxiety and investigation I avoided mentioning it.

If you feel that it is not a part of your routine migraine attacks at all, then you have to be investigated completely by skeletal x-ray survey and blood investigations as per your consultant advice.

Rest of the things we have already discussed.

Hope you got your answer. Any other questions are welcome.