What is causing heaviness in leg, shortness of breath, high blood pressure and swollen body?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
legs feel very heavy,no energy,shortness on breathing,constant heart beat sound in left ear, i do suffer with high blood pressure, for some reason my whole body feel swollen,also have non-alc cirrhosis pf liver. i am 60,female
Posted Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The symptoms that you are having can be related to anxiety, cardiac problem and the cirrhosis you are having.
The feeling of heaviness in the legs, shortness of breath and the swollen body can be due to congestive heart failure, kidney disease, arthritis, high salt intake and any blood clot in the veins causing DVT. Are you taking some medicines like laxatives? Abusing these can also cause such symptoms.
I suggest you an immediate physician consultation. You need to get blood tests, kidney function tests, electrolyte levels, ECG and stress ECHO, venous Doppler of the legs and urine tests done.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.