What is causing back pain and stomach sickness?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had minor pain the night after shoveling a little bit of light snow - it left then reappeared as a minor pain the next day. last night it was very severe - I felt sick to my stomach. today it is gone.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Back pain can be due to lot of reasons. Most commonly, it is due to muscle spasm caused due to improper stretching of back muscles due to faulty posture while sleeping or wrong work posture as well.

Ideally, the patient needs to visit a physiotherapist for a couple of sessions and also take any good muscle relaxant drug along with application of topical local analgesic spray/ointment for relief. Even hot fomentation will help in reducing/eliminating the pain.

If the pain persists, I would strongly recommend you to visit an orthopedic surgeon for stronger prescription pain killers and muscle relaxants.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: What is causing back pain and stomach sickness? 42 hours later
Is it possible that it could be a problem with XXXXXXX organs?
Thanks for writing again.
Since the pain started after shoveling the snow, an XXXXXXX organ damage is not likely. The muscular pains usually subside after adequate rest.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.