What is cause of a trace of ketones and blood in urine?

what is a.cause of a trace of keltones and a trace if occult blood in urine be from ?somebody please answer
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr XXXXXXX and will try my level best to help you.

The trace ketones are seen in long term diabetics, which gives an indication about the amount of blood sugar are high still the body is not able to use the sugar and has to break other components to gain energy.

The occult blood in urine, can indicate an infection, kidney stones, trauma, or bleeding from a bladder. It need to be further investigated to find an exact cause behind it.

Hope it helps, please feel free to contact me in case of any further concern/ query.

Follow-up: What is cause of a trace of ketones and blood in urine? 8 minutes later
the lab said it shuoldnt be a concern because its just a trace,is this true?
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 12 minutes later

Welcome back, the trace amount of ketone is not a much of a worry if you are not diabetic, and in case you are diabetic but every thing else is in control i mean blood sugar level then nothing to worry.

Now about a trace amount of occult blood is not a major worry but I would recommend to get urine report again in 6 months, if no trace blood is found at that point in time then nothing to worry.

So just to be on safe side I advise you to repeat urine test again in 6 months period.

Hope this answer brings a huge XXXXXXX of relief.

Thanks again, and feel free to contact me in case of any further concerns.