What is bruise like appearence at back of the eyeballs?

I had an X-ray of my eyeballs taken and it shows a bruise at the back. What is this?
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This is normal fundus photograph. Detailed Answer: Hello Madam Welcome to Health care Magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. I went through the reports attached to the query. This is fundus photograph of the left eye and it shows retina. The retina is the innermost layer of the retina. This photo is taken through fundus photography equipment to diagnose retinal diseases. The fundus photograph shows normal optic disc and normal macula. Optic disc is the small white round portion on the left side of the photon through which the blood vessels are coming out. Macula is the central dark portion of the photograph. The vessels are showing mild narrowing can be because of age related sclerosis or high blood pressure related The macula is showing few age related drusens around the macula. So no need to worry it is fairly normal fundus photograph of left eye. Please do mention me Do you have any visual complaints? Do let me know why this photograph was taken? Please do answer the above questions so that I can answer more accurately. Hope I have answered your questions and the information is helpful to you. Thank you
Follow-up: What is bruise like appearence at back of the eyeballs? 12 hours later
Thanks for your detailed answer. The X-ray was taken as part of a routine eye exam. I only need glasses for reading. My systolic blood pressure the last few years has been between 130-150 and the dystolic is usually around 78-85. I'm planning on seeing my family physician in a couple of weeks when I return from vacation. What is your opinion of my blood pressure. It sounds like this is visible to you. I do need to lose 20 pounds and I eat a lot of salty foods and drink 3 or 4 beers at night. I exercise aerobically 3 or 4 times a week for an hour.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need to control blood pressure. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up query. As I mentioned in my last answer the fundus photograph is grossly normal, the only observation being the vessels are showing mild narrowing and this indicates increased blood pressure as you have mentioned in the follow up question. This is not an alarming sign, and it is seen in all with increased blood pressure, hence no need to worry but you need to control the increased blood pressure. Along with the medical treatment and regular exercises, you should lower the amount of salt intake as salt will increase the blood pressure. Follow up once in 1-2 years is more than sufficient. Hope the information is helpful to you. Thank you With regards Dr. Dadapeer K