What is better for Two year and Six month girl

Pediatrician
Question
What is better for Two year and Six month girl child - Junior Protinex or Pediasure?
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The nutrients for growth are required in bulk

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

Incidentally the answer to your question is that none of them are of any good and therefore I would suggest neither. For a healthy growth of a child the child needs carbohydrates and proteins which are needed in bulk. You do not give such supplements in bulk. So they are hardly of any benefit. Whatever we need is usually available from an average daily diet. Just make sure that the child takes it regularly. Such supplementation is therefore meaningless even in growing children and are just marketing gimmicks.

In case you still want to give one of them, give Pediasure.

Let me know if I could help further.