What is best type of aortic valve replacement surgery for 12 year old active and athletic male?

What is the best type of aortic valve replacement surgery for a young (12 year old ) very active/athletic male? He would like to continue to play soccer and football. Is that possible? He has shown no symptoms to date. The bicuspid aortic valve stenosis is being described as moderate to severe.
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Percutaneous aortic valve replacement Surgery

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

The best surgery is Percutaneous aortic valve replacement, which is the most modern and the least invasive. Percutaneous aortic valve replacement implants the valve using a catheter, without open heart surgery.

So not to cut open heart its the best option and recovery is very,very fast.

I am sorry to inform you but their are higher changes that the surgeon will advice him not to continue with soccer/ football as it will cause more damage, to the replace valve, still you may want to conform it from surgeon because sometime they may allow person to play in moderate level if their things are fine in relative terms.

I think you were looking for above mentioned answer.

Please let me know if you need any more information.