Ask a Dentist   »  

What is best treatment for opened tooth cavity after side walls of tooth was broken?

Hi. I want to consult a dentist for filling up one of my tooth cavity, which recently opened up after the side walls of the tooth got broken. It already had a filling done long back. Please suggest.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Go for capping rather than filling. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. As per you history i would like to tell you that filling won't stay for longer time. Its better to get x-ray done of tooth.If filling or decay is deep then go for Root Canal Treatment followed by capping. In case it has not involved pulp then you can go for direct capping. Visit your dentist for further treatment plan. Hope I answered your query Regards Dr. Neha Sumra