What is best treating baldness from hair fall which is heredity?

Hello i am 20 years old boy and going bald from top of the head, its geneticly as my father is bald and my mother side is bald too, any treatment for that? please help ty
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Familial hair loss : Early action required. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I will be able to help you in the same. Now your problem is regarding hair fall. As you have told that you have a family history of hair loss in both your father and your mother. I would like to tell you that the hair loss that is happening in your case definitely looks more like an inherited one. First of all, it is very important in your case to start early treatment. The more the damage that has already happened, the fewer are the chamber of recovery. The most important thing that I would like you to know is that I'm this type of hair loss, it is very important to take continuous treatment. The treatment may continue for a very long time, it might even be lifelong to sustain the results. We have very limited treatment options . You need to apply a minoxidil 10 percent based lotion to the root of hair follicles twice a day. You have to rub it to the scalp to the base of the hair follicles. In addition, take oral biotin supplementation once a day. You can use any regular hair shampoo twice a week. You should continue the above treatment for month together before you see a hair regrowth. This will surely help in stopping any further hair fall. Some degree of hair regrowth is also attained. But remember that the application of minoxidil lotion might just have to be continued for many years together, as discontinuation may lead to hair loss again. Now on the other hand, if the hair loss that has taken place is already too much, then hair transplantation seems to be the only option in your case, but remember that this also has to followed up by regular application of minoxidil. Over scalp for closes a lifetime. Hope it helps, If you have any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul.
Follow-up: What is best treating baldness from hair fall which is heredity? 9 hours later
Thank you very much I want to buy Rogaine shampoo, do you think thats good? because in here i can not buy it actually so pharmacy sell minoxidil only? and if yes how many i should buy are they pills or shampoo. i also send you my top of head picture so you can see how am i loosing hair.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Male pattern hair loss: Use topical minoxidil Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have seen the attached pictures. Your degree of hair loss seems to be very much manageable at present. You are still in the initial stage of this pattern of hair loss. I would advise you to start treatment as early as possible and take regular treatment for the same. Rogaine contains five recent minoxidil. It would be perfect to start treatment with. All you need to do is to apply one ml lotion both in the morning and at night to the scalp which is to the root of the hair follicles. As far as using a shampoo is concerned, you can use any shampoo twice a week only. Continue with this treatment for atleast three months before expecting any improvement or hair regrowth. It takes atleast three months to stop hair fall and a further similar time for regrowth of lost hair. Hope it helps, If you need any further clarifications, please tell. Dr Geetika Paul.
Follow-up: What is best treating baldness from hair fall which is heredity? 4 hours later
Thank you very much Doctor for the information i have many questions about it sorry if its too many questions. 1. is Masterbution effecting hair loss? 2. We do not have Rogaine shampoo here is it possible to buy only a foam minoxidill 5% i can buy from pharmacy? 3. Cutting hairs will help to stop hair loss? and if yes how much i should cut it? 4. how many times a week should i wash my hairs? 5. when i finish my hair wash how i dry my hairs after that? with hairdryer? or with a simple towel? 6. is stress causing this hair fall? should i take any vitamins ? 7. anything else that help me to stop hair loss and hair thinning if possible ty sir. 8. should i wash my hairs with warm water or a little cold water?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Use minoxidil foam for hair loss Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I understand your concern regarding your skin problem. Now first of all, I would like to tell you that masturbation has no effect on hair loss. It is just a myth. A foam of minoxidil 5 % will serve your purpose well. Minoxidil foam has to be applied to the scalp twice a day . Wash your hair only twice a week. A hair cut just helps in removing the split ends if any. It does not have any effect on hair growth, since hair growth is from the root of hair which is the active and live part. Rest of the hair are dead tissue. A simple towel is best for drying out hair. You can use a dryer once I a while , but when used regularly, it tends to damage hair by drying them too much. Stress is a known factor which tends to increase hair fall. So I would advise you to stop worrying about them and take adequate treatment. I have already told you to take tablet biotin regularly and this should suffice. You do not need to take any other multivitamins for hair. Hair wash should ideally be done with cold water. However in winters, you can use slightly warm water. Hope i have answered all your queries. Dr Geetika Paul