What is an effective exercise for a fatty liver?

what exercise is good /effective for my fatty liver
a] kapalbhatti pranayam
b] cardio like walker,cyling ,cross trainer in the gym.
which one should i do .
some more information on exercises for fatty liver
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Follow-up: What is an effective exercise for a fatty liver? 5 minutes later
please advise as to which exercise mild medictions /nutrients are good for fatty are liver.
also the known exercises for fatty liver please be specific
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 1 hour later

Non alcoholic fatty liver disease is actually the most common form of chronic liver disease in developed countries. As the name suggests it describes the accumulation of fat in your liver. Often there are no symptoms,although it might cause fatigue or pain in your right upper abdomen. A few most serious cases may progress to liver failure.

The current standard of treatment for non-alcoholic fatty liver centers around dietary changes to promote weight loss; but this new study shows exercise is also incredibly important, regardless of whether or not you lose weight.

The take-home message to remember is that virtually any exercise is better than no exercise at all.

Start initially with walking as the main type of activity. You need to vary your workout while increasing its intensity. Also when exercise becomes easy to complete, its a sign that you need to work little harder. Make sure it incorporates following :

1> Aerobic exercises like jogging and walking fast which helps your heart to pump blood more effectively, and increases your stamina over time.

2> Interval training - alternate short bursts of high intensity exercise with gentle recovery periods.

3> Strength training - to round up your exercise program with a one set strength training routine gives you health benefits of a regular exercise program.

4> Core exercises strengthens the 29 core muscles located in back, abdomen and pelvis.

Yoga is great for strenthing your core muscles.

A healthy diet coupled with regular exercise are your primary weapons in fighting fatty liver disease.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: What is an effective exercise for a fatty liver? 14 hours later
thanks for the reply
my querry i have uderstood the exercise part very well .
i have may have mild alcholic fatty liver instead as you mentioned and non alcholic fatty liver since i am having 2 pegs (max) before dinner only but daliy .the exercises you mentioned are carried consistently daliy .please write a short comment or tips for mild alcoh folic fatty liver.also after this reply i would accept the answer and close the queery .thanks in advance

Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 7 hours later

Good to hear from you back.

As I had mentioned in my previous post in the form of non-alcholic fatty liver because, the first most important aspect in alcoholic fatty liver is complete abstinence from the agent
causing it.

So, it is not the dose reduction, but complete abstinence from drinking as the most important cause in your case could be alcoholic fatty liver.

Continued alcohol consumption may result in a more advanced form of liver disease, either alcoholic hepatitis or cirrhosis.

Steatosis usually resolves within two weeks of discontinuing alcohol.

Abstinence and adequate diet management are the mainstays in the therapy of alcohol induced steatosis.

Exercise is important part in non-alcoholic since fat acumulation in this case occurs due to reduced activity and binge eating of fatty foods.

To quit alcohol, you can take help of alcoholics ananymous a social welfare community which includes persons who were initially alcoholic and presently quit drinking and who are ready to help other alcoholics.

Hope I have answered your query.