What is acid reflux?

Whats acid reflux
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 44 hours later
Brief Answer: regurgitation of stomach acid Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Acid Reflux is a chronic symptom of mucosal damage caused by stomach acid coming up from the stomach into the esophagus. This acid entering the food pipe (esophagus) causes damage to the mucosal lining and lead to burning chest pain, burps, nausea etc You will need antacids to get rid of the problem. Regards,
Follow-up: What is acid reflux? 13 minutes later
Hi i have had a problem basically when i eat my stomach hurts which is annoying. Also my arms are aching and also when i eat food feels like it gets stuck and i have gunge in my thoat .Can acid reflux make your stimach gurgle too and im full quite quickly. Also my muscles are aching especially in my arms and my left side
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Typical case of Acid reflux Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Your symptoms are very typical and for sure are seen in acid reflux only. Do take antacids like PRILOSAC OTC once in the morning before breakfast for a week to get rid of the symptoms. Regards,