What is a soft sunken area on the head after an injury?

My granddaughter fell off bed yesterday and hit head on hardwood floor and now has a soft sunken area on the back of her head. She has been acting normal an eating fine. She is 71/2 months old
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that what you are talking about may be small hematoma or may be a depressed fracture . Since the skull at this age is quite soft these things are common . But I will advise you to take her to a pediatrician because in children it is difficult to make out any behavioral change until it is gross , so an examination will be able to rule out any such problem. But generally if there is no loss of consciousness or vomiting there is not much to worry but seeking advise will always be recommended . Take care. Dr.Shruti