What is a soft bulge of tissue above my testicle?

I have a soft bulge of tissue above my right testicle. It is about 2" around. my skin is discolored looks purple, in the entire area on the right testicle bag. The testicle has elevated slightly. The bulge can be moved inward by pressing inward. When i sleep it retracts and does not appear again for a while. It is not hurting but it seems to have a bubbling action once in a while. When I cough I can feel it in this area. Please advise on which doctor i should see for this problem Thank you Derren XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. Please see an internal medicine or family medicine physician today or report to your nearest emergency department. Discoloration of skin indicates vascular congestion, or "backup" in blood vessels, which is never a normal sign & shouldn't be ignored. The lump you are feeling might be an inguinal hernia or a varicocele, however this cannot be definitively determined without a proper physical examination. Thank you for sharing your health care concern with us and I hope you can obtain treatment promptly. Take care, Dr. G