What is a significant titer for Widal test?

hi doc, I am female age-46 and recently I was treated in a hospital for a positive typhoid case. After leaving the hospital I was prescribed Cipro 500 ml for 10 days. Six days after finishing the antibiotic dosages, I was tested Widal and the result showed S. typhi-O negative and S. typhi-H 1:320 , and all the other A-O, A-H, B-O, B-H were showing negative. My question is it a significant titer? should I worry about it? I do not have any pain or fever. Thnx Doc.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later

Single test is usually of not much value. A rise in titre between two sera specimens is more meaningful than a single test. It would have been better if you had posted your previous titre values here too.

However since the other parameters are negative, there is no much significance to S.typhi -H 1:320 alone. I would not be worried as you are clinically recovering well without much problems.

Please repeat the test after a week and check the values, if the values appear increased, then you may have to consult your treating doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.