Ask a Urologist   »  

What is a pulse in my left testicle?

i have a pulse in my left testical, it usally only happens when im sitting down, i dont have any pain and i dont feel any lumps and dont have any swellingi on my testical, but every now and than i feel a pulse it probly happens like 10 times aday and lasts for maybe 3 seconds,,, usally feel it more at night time,, it has been about 2 weeks since it started...... what does that sound like to you
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be due to nerve related cause. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The intermittent pulsatile sensation in the testicle with no other symptoms can be a physiological variation and a harmless finding but the causes that need to be ruled out are- nerve impingement or pudendal nerve inflammation and piriformis syndrome. Avoid activities like prolonged sitting jogging bicycle riding etc and see if the sensation improves. It is best to consult a neurologist for examination and related investigations in case the pulsation persists. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL