What is a pimple on the shaft of my penis?

Jan 2014

I found a small pimple (I think) on the shaft of my penis, but it is completely painless. What do you think it might be?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need More information Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would like to gather some more information from you in order to be able to help you better. --Since how long do you notice it? --Your sexual history?Single or multiple partners?Last sexual contact?Protected or unprotected? --Please upload a picture with good clarity of the lesion in order for me to be able to have a look at it and help you better? regards
Follow-up: What is a pimple on the shaft of my penis? 2 days later
Noticed it last week, which would have been a little over a month after an unprotected incident with a girl that performed oral sex on me. I tried to "pop" it and thick white stuff came out of it, as if it were a normal pimple. but it still does not hurt.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of molluscum Detailed Answer: Hi. I would like to keep a possibility of Molluscum contagiosum. Molluscum contagiosum is a skin infection that causes small pearly or flesh-colored bumps (Small dome-shaped bumps with a central depression). The infection is caused by a virus. They may occur on the penis, scrotum, inner thighs or pubis. The virus commonly spreads through skin-to-skin contact. Touching an object that has the virus on it, such as a towel, also can spread the infection. I usually recommend treatment for bumps in the genital area to prevent them from spreading. Treatment options are: -Needle Extraction -Removal by CO2 Laser, Radiofrquency ORElectrocautery. -Chemical cautery with Trichloroacetic acid, potassium hydroxide OR canthridin -Cryosurgery/Freezing with liquid Nitrogen. -Topical immunomodulators like Imiquimod. I would advice that you see a dermatologist who would tell you more about it and about the various treatment options and the best one for you. I usually remove them with CO2 Laser or Radiofrequency cautery if the lesions are few in number. If there are numerous lesions, i prescribe my patients topical imiquimod. Always practice safe sex by using a condom. I would advice that you also get yourself screened for HIV. take care regards