What is a natural alternative to for PCOS and Protein S deficiency besides Coumadin and Metformin?

Excellent
Question
What is a natural alternative to for PCOS and coumadin and metformin?
Posted Thu, 24 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The natural treatment of PCOS and involves loosing the extra body weight with the help of a healthier diet, getting more exercise, and then supplementing with vitamins and herbs.
Balance low GI carbohydrates with adequate protein.
Include phytoestrogens in your diet.
Buy organic foods whenever possible.
Reduce your intake of saturated fats.
Limit or avoid dairy.
Drink two litres of filtered water daily.
Avoid additives, preservatives and food chemicals such as artificial sweeteners.
Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
Avoid sugar on its own and hidden in foods.
Include essential fatty acids in your diet.
Herbs like chaste berry, milk thistle and dandelion root are also helpful along with acupuncture.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: What is a natural alternative to for PCOS and Protein S deficiency besides Coumadin and Metformin? 11 hours later
"protein S deficiency involves loosing the extra body weight with the help of a healthier diet, getting more exercise, and then supplementing with vitamins and herbs."

Are you saying that I can cure or manage a genetic disorder with weight loss, exercise and supplements? If so what supplements do you recommend?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
We cannot treat a hereditary disorder like thrombosis and further complications. These measures and herbs like milk thistle- a hepatoprotective can decrease the coumadin dose thus reducing the interactions and a better control of the disease.
These are just the alternatives to make the medical management more effective.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.