What is a hyperechoic lesion?

What is a hyperechoic lesion? I had a ultrasound done and it said there were two small lesions on my right ovary. Is this something I should be worried about? Should I get a second opinion? I bleed lightly in between periods and have lower abdominal pain that increases with exercise along with abdominal spasms. The findings also showed my uterine lining was 12mm. Is that normal? Does it affect the chances of getting pregnant?
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 22 minutes later
Welcome and thanks for the query

Smal hyperechoic lesions of ovary are normal , they are due to follicular cysts means the follicles which have not ruptured or ovulated.Other ovarian cyst can be luteal cysts or functional cysts which are normal.As far as the thickness of endometrium is concerned , it depends upon the day of cycle when the scan was done.In luteal phase or post ovulatory phase the thickness will be more as there is an effect of progesterone but before ovulation it will be less.12 mm is normal thickness.You are having intermenstrual bleeding for which you should take progesterone support under your doctor's guidance.
Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome