What is a hard knot right in the center of my rib cage?
User rating for this question
Hi Doc-- I have a hard knot right in the center of my rib-cage. this knot is up close to my heck. sometimes I feel a tightness when I breath but over-all I have not felt pain. i noticed this knot about seven months ago. I do recalled falling five years ago from a ten-foot plank at work as I tried to jump down. I am 50-years old now what do you think this knot could . it does not hurt though. --Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Further tests are advised.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Although the hard knot is not giving you medical symptoms; however, further tests are needed to determine its origin; - physical examination of the knot, breast and armpit by your doctor - ultrasound of soft tissue (knot) - Chest X-ray Usually, such knots are related to lipoma; however, other diagnosis should be excluded too. At your age, it is recommended to get the breasts and armpit physically checked to catch breast problems in time. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Whats inside the right rib cage
- Can lyrica cure postherpetic neuralgia?
- Hard knot right below middle rib cage
- Can ilosone cure mycoplasma pneumonia?
- Will topicort treat guttate psoriasis ?
- Hard knot below rib cage
- Can i take mylanta ar for peptic ulcer?
- Morning after pill and mouth ulcers
- Can i take crestor for hyperlipidemia ?
- Hard knot between rib cage
- Tetralysal and morning after pill
- Hard knot on rib cage
- Morning after pill and tetralysil
- Morning after pill swollen stomach
- Pink secretions morning after pill