What is a hard flap of skin outside the anus?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
I have written my question THREE TIMES ALREADY! My gradaughter is 15 months old, has a hard flap of skin outside her anus and screamed when I tried to wipe with a QTip. Her mom is away. I'm afraid for her to go to school and have someone else wipe her. Her mother said she was recently constipated. Should I get her to her pediatrician tomorrow?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: An Hi, Yes you have to take her to the pediatrician. He may refer her to a pediatric surgeon. This is an anal tag. Fissure may be associated Give her more fluids and fruits to make her stool soft. The doctor will give her some stool softener.. Good luck God bless Dr Uma