What is a flap of hard skin outside my grand daughter's anus?

I just noticed a flap of hard skin outside my gradaughter's anus. At first I thought it was a piece of poop but on closer inspection it's hard and she screamed even when it was touched with a QTip. Her mom is out of town on business but I'm worried to take her to school for someone else to wipe her. Should I try to get her to her doctor?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Inflammed Anal tag or hemorrhoid Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for the query. What is your granddaughter's age? What made you look at her anus, is she scratching or complaining of pain? It looks like a hemorrhoid/tage that is inflammed, a venous enlargement quite commonly noticed if one has hard stools or incomplete stools or infrequent stools. At this time I suggest you to give her regular dose of NSAID like Motrin/Advil(Ibuprofen) to her appropriate dose. It may not be right to take her to school. You can then take her to the doctor.