Ask a Dentist   »  

What is a film which moves in my mouth?

I have a film that's moving in my mouth for a year now. Can you help me? Its driving me crazy. I have been to many dental professionals who all recomended oral mouth rinses. They havent helped . My tongue pushes this film constantly. My mouth is always dry. I move this film with my tongue constantly. It is exhausting. Please help.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: take multivitamin, antioxidants &follw the below Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum, The symptoms which you have mentioned above could be a result of dry mouth. Dry mouth could be due to the diabetes present. A thorough clinical examination and evaluation is required to determine the cause and for appropriate diagnosis. I would suggest you to consult to an ORAL SURGEON and get a thorough checkup done for an second opinion and if required an biopsy of the lesion can be done. Now at home follow this; -Avoid moving the film with your tongue constantly as this may exhaust you, try to divert your attention. -Take multivitamin supplements. -Take antioxidants. -Take complete balanced diet with plenty of raw vegetables, fruits, juices drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated -At home take lukewarm saline rinses and continue with the use of antiseptic mouthwash rinses. -Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol, carbonated drinks, junky foods. -Maintain a good oral hygiene. Follow this and this will surely improve your condition. Wishing you a Healthy Recovery! Take care! Dr Qazi Ammara.