What is a brown short stringy thing after using the restroom?

ENT Specialist
I went to the restroom, and when i was done i saw a brown short stringy looking thing. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: round worm Detailed Answer: Hi, It is possibly a dead round worm. Round worms are pretty common parasites that live in the intestines. Off course, I wouldn't be able to confirm it without microscope. You need not be concerned though. I would urge you to visit a local doctor and start medicines for deworming. I prescribe albendazole tablets in such cases. Also it is important to wash hands before eating and after using the rest room to prevent reinfestation. Hope this helps. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.